- HOME DELIVERED MEALS are for seniors 60 years of age or older who are unable to leave home unassisted, and for whom leaving home takes considerable and taxing effort. Assessments will be conducted by an Okanogan County Transportation & Nutrition staff member to determine if you meet the criteria of being 60 years of age or over and that you are homebound. For more information please call 509-826-7979 or 844-826-7979 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUGGESTED DONATION for each meal is $4.00. this is a “suggested” donation only and is not required in order to receive home delivered meals. However, funding for the Senior Home Delivered program is limited and your donations are needed to help fund the meal program. if you cannot afford $4.00 per meal, please donate what you can. Any donation is appreciated. The full cost of the meal is more than double the suggested donation. If you feel you can donate more than the $4.00 per meal, please do so.
You will receive a letter at the end of each month listing the number of meals delivered and requesting the donation for the meals received.
We do not provide “special diet” meals. All meals provide 1/3 of the daily recommended nutrition requirements.
- Hot Meals: You should eat your hot meals immediately at the time of delivery. Refrigerate them if you eat at a later time.
- Frozen Meals: You must place the frozen meals into your freezer immediately. Instructions for heating will be provided.
- Cancel Delivery if you will not be home. We cannot leave meals if you are not home. Failing to notify us if you will not be home wastes a meal, wastes the driver’s time and is very costly to the Senior Meal Program. 24 hour notice for cancellation is appreciated. If you have a medical appointment scheduled and will not be home, remember to call and cancel your meal for that day.
- Who is eligible for home delivered meals: Meals are for the eligible senior (spouse, unpaid caregiver or disabled person living in the household may also receive meals if funding is available.)
- Important information regarding sulfites: Sulfating agents may be used in some foods served. Persons allergic to sulfating agents should ask for additional information.
To arrange for Home Delivered Meals:
Chelan County: 509-470-0522
Douglas County: 509-470-0522
Okanogan County: 844-826-7979
Lincoln County: 844-826-7979